Sunday, May 4, 2008

Becky's Trip to Florida

Hello Everyone!

This week went by SO fast. I had my business trip to Florida on Monday and Tuesday, and then spend Wednesday with some clients. I had no spare time! It took me until Saturday to get my schedule back to normal.

Florida was a lot of fun, but I didn't really get to enjoy the nice location too much. I got into FL at 7 pm and had just enough time to throw my junk in the hotel room before I had to go down and meet with all the Designtex sales reps and managers. We were staying at the Sawgrass Marriot in Jacksonsville, and all the functions were held within their many ballrooms. The dinner was nice--they had a whole lot of cocktails and random seafood. Too bad for me I don't like either of those items!! All the different people I work with kept offering me drink after drink, to which I replied that I don't drink. Well, the Dtex people are a curious bunch and wanted to know why I wouldn't drink, so I let them know that I was LDS and it is against my beliefs. That brought in a whole new interesting discussion about me being a second wife, blah blah blah! This whole FLDS thing has brought so many questions my way. It is nice to have an opportunity to set the record straight and clear up the confusion for the people who aren't familiar with our religion.





Anyway, after dinner I stayed up with some of the people that I work with daily from the NY office. We chatted until a little after 11 at which point it was time for bed. I woke up at 5:30, had breakfast, and got right to work. We had (3) back to back seminars to discuss our product with different groups of sales reps. It went well. They had a lot of questions, and I wish we would've had more time to present. We finished at 12:30 and I had to leave immediately to catch my flight. I never got to go to the pool or the ocean and I was super close to both! How sad!! The hotel we were staying at is the location for The Players PGA tour (it is going on right now I believe) and there was golf stuff EVERYWHERE. You could play golf right off the grounds, like the guys below are doing. It was pretty cool. Too bad I don't golf!!

My flight from Jacksonville to Houston was an hour late, so I had a whole lot of time to kill in the airport. Unfortunately, there was no good place to eat and I was starving. For some reason, the airport has all the food restaurants at the place prior to going through security, but only ONE restaurant after you go through security. This doesn't make much sense to me, because most people are anxious to get through security and get in place for their flight, and then they grab something to eat. Anyway, I got stuck with a nasty hot dog, which is not what I recommend for a turbulent flight! My connecting flight in Houston was supposed to depart at 5:55 and my Jacksonville plane was scheduled to land in Houston at 5:55 pm. Yikes!! Luckily for me, my arrival gate and departing gate were right next to each other so I actually made my connecting flight! It was awesome. I couldn't miss the flight either because I had clients waiting for me in SLC for dinner. The second I landed in Salt Lake, Jason and I picked them up and headed to Martine's in downtown SLC. If you are ever in Salt Lake and want a very good and not very crowded restaurant, this place is AMAZING. I tried pistachio coated goat cheese for the first time, and it was surprisingly good. Goat cheese just didn't sound very appetizing...

Anyway, it was a good week. It was fun to go on my first business trip and pretend to be a businesswoman. I hope they send me somewhere again soon! Hopefully next time I will be able to actually appreciate the location!






No comments: