Sunday, May 4, 2008

Movie Reviews

Hello again!

So this weekend Jason and I caught a couple of flicks. On Friday night, we went down to the Megaplex at the Gateway mall. That theater is the best--reserved seating! You never have to worry about waiting in line or not being able to sit by your friends. Anyway, we watched Iron Man. It was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed it, and i wasn't expecting to like it at all. It was very clever, and I thought the special effects were done really well. Is there anything they can't do anymore with special effects? If you are headed to the movies, definitely check this one out. There is a short clip after the credits, but if you are not into the comic strip itself then it will not be very meaningful for you.

On Saturday, I went out for a girls date with my old roommate Jessica. We ate at Z-Tejas and then went to the movie Made of Honor. I was disappointed--it wasn't very good! I really like Patrick Dempsey, but I thought the flick was kind of tasteless and just not very well put together. I was hoping for a much better chick flick! I think they were trying to use a lot of sex humor to make it funnier, but it ended up not working out so well for it. And I ended up feeling really bad for some of the other characters that I don't think they wanted you to feel bad for. Anyway...thumbs down on this one!

Jason and I also watched Dan in Real Life on DVR. I was actually impressed. I've decided that anything Steve Carrall is in is definitely going to have a horribly uncomfortable/awkward moment in it. The Office is full of them, and this movie had a couple. However, overall the movie was really good. I recommend it. The awkward moments were something that would happen in real life, and it added to the story so they were useful. It was good.

Anyway, it sounds like all we did this weekend was watch movies, but we actually did a lot more than that. Jess and I also went shopping (I bought much needed jeans...), and Jason and Danny went for several motorcycle rides. They love their motorcycles... Jason and I also went to his parents' house today for dinner. They are so nice, and dinner was amazing. Afterwards we went around looking through nice neighborhoods for houses for sale. Hopefully we will have an affordable house soon. Wish us luck! And of course, Jason also went mountain biking. It finally stopped snowing and warmed up in time for him to hit the trails. I need to learn how to ride so that I can actually go with him. I tried, but I'm not necessarily the best at it!

Anyway, time to get to bed. Be proud--two updates in one day!!

1 comment:

Zach and Nikky said...

WHOA. I am shocked! Two updates so soon!! :) So, I am sad that Made of Honor wasn't very good...I wanted to see that. I'll just wait to rent it now. Love you!