Thursday, March 8, 2012

Weekend with the Peñas

I have been wanting to update the blog forever but I just haven't made time.  Today, I couldn't stand that stupid picture of me from my marathon running with my eyes closed any longer so I'm finally updating!  Obviously, we've done a lot between my marathon and today but I'm a human so there's no way I am capable of doing a good catch-up on all missed events.  Some highlights:


  • Ragnar Las Vegas--hot and dry, but a fun race with a lot of really cool people.  
  • Thanksgiving up in Idaho
  • Christmas with Dad down in SLC
  • New Years up in Idaho with the Peñas, along with Gracie's birthday
  • Starting Crossfit workouts (Jason and I are at separate gyms because I am a weirdo)
We were also lucky enough to have my sister and her family come visit us for President's Day weekend.  We LOVE having visitors and have been trying to get her family to come see us for a long time.  We finally cemented the deal with bribery (in the form of free tickets to Hogle Zoo and to the Living Planet Aquarium).  Success!  It was a super fun weekend, and it was awesome to hear the kids talk about all the fun things they know about the animals.  

You have to get the mandatory photo on the elephant!

Not to mention the famous arm photo.  Zach was the perfect height!


Little Gracie thought the animals were super cool.  She was much more engaged than I expected!

Told ya!

Tyler was loving all the fun statues around the place.  I've got some great photos of these kids.
After the zoo, we spent some relaxing time at home.  Allie couldn't help but play dress up (and yes--that's my tank top she is wearing.  Eesh that girl is tiny!).  She is such a cute little (girly) girl.

We also took some time to play "Bear Cave" which I think will be a tradition at the Lloyd house until they grow old.  Basically, it's an epic blanket fort and the kids LOVE it.  


And Nikki and Eli are good sports about the craziness.  :)
On their last day here, we took them to the aquarium which is what they were most excited for. Zach and Tyler are obsessed with sharks and could not wait to see some in real life.  They had to wait all weekend for the big event.  

Zach loved the piranhas as well, but the star of the show was definitely the many sharks!


The sharks were a lot cooler than I was expecting.  I've seen great white sharks in other aquariums so I was worried that I'd be disappointed in the smaller varieties, but I've decided sharks are just creepy cool no matter what.  The sting ray pool was also a major hit.  It was funny to watch their reactions as the rays got closer and closer to them!

All in all, it was a great weekend.  I am thinking up many more bribery attempts to get them back down here.  Any suggestions for fun activities?

1 comment:

Emily W said...

Sounds like fun. Some suggestions; the new Museum of Natural History at Red Butte, Red Butte Gardens, Discovery Gateway. Those are some places we have enjoyed on our visits back to Utah.