Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Griffin's Birthday Weekend

Griffin's birthday weekend was a bittersweet event.  It was sad to go up there for Granddaddy's funeral, but it was nice to see the family and to celebrate two(!) years of Griffin's life.  I can't believe how fast time flies!

All of the Crossan cousins were in town for the funeral, so they finally got to meet all the new members of our family (Allie, Gracie, and Griffin).  It was fun to see them all interact with each other.  I think that Uncle Tom might be a wee bit grandbaby hungry, but he'll never admit to it!

Griffin loved all his presents!  He was so happy just to play with the one he opened that he didn't even want to open the next one!  Too cute!

Jason got some quality time with all the nieces and nephews!

Long lost cousins!  It was SO good to see Tori and Marlaina!

I love this photo of Jason photo-bombing Aunt Joni and Tori!

Gracie was quite popular with everyone and was always being passed around--she's a good sport!

Told you Uncle Tom might be grandbaby hungry!

Zach was practically attached to Tori--he wouldn't let her out of his sight!



I'm standing on my tip toes and Gabby is hunching down--she's just a bit tall!

Little Allie is too funny--she LOVES her photo taken!

 Granddaddy's funeral was beautiful.  It was perfect--the best blend of tears for a loved one who has passed and joy for him being reunited with the love of his life.  The military service at the graveside was especially touching.

The Crossan kids!

All the Crossan grandkids together!  Such a small family!

And the great grandbabies of the Crossan family!
I am glad that the next time I see the Crossan family, it will (hopefully) be celebrating Marlaina's new marriage rather than a passing of a family member.  I love seeing that side of the family, but not under sad situations.  It could be another 20 years before I go to my next funeral and that would still be too soon for me!

No comments: