Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dawson Family Reunion

Last weekend I headed up to Downey, Idaho to partake in the Dawson Family Reunion. My dad called me no less than a year ago to make sure I put the date in my calendar. And then he called me to remind me about it almost every day before it finally came. So, needless to say, I knew it was important enough to him that I should go. Family reunions, by nature, can be pretty boring so I wasn't super excited for it. However, I do enjoy seeing my aunts and uncles as well as my dad and grandma, so I knew it wouldn't be a total bust. My family is kind of crazy, so it was fun to watch them interact with each other. I just wish more of my cousins my age would have been able to come! I was all alone with the old folks... :)
This is my awesome dad in the middle of telling a joke...I just wish I could remember what it was! His body facial expression is awesome! I was glad I went (especially because it reminded me that I am quite young in comparison to the company I was with!), and it was nice to spend Father's Day with my dad. We played Black Jack at our hotel to keep ourselves entertained, and it was fun teaching my dad the tricks of the game. Overall, not a bad weekend!

No comments: