Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Daily Happenings....

Hello again! I'm doing my part to try and update frequently, but that requires me doing cool stuff each week and I don't always do cool stuff. I suppose that blogging is a win/win situation really. I update more because I get to do more cool things in life. This post will be quick...we've been pretty busy the last little bit, but I haven't taken many pictures!

First things first, Jason and I celebrated our anniversary by having a quiet, intimate dinner at Caffe Molise in downtown SLC. It's got such a great atmosphere! We ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful day. It was the perfect temperature, and the food was excellent!
There was a very cool mural on the building outside. I loved the vines that were growing on the wall. Pretty!
These flowers were on the wall in the bathroom. I loved it! I want these vases all over my house.

My weekend ended up being very busy. I had some friends come into town that I hadn't seen in almost three years. I had a great time hanging out with them. We just hung out at our place and looked at old pictures and then played a lot of guitar hero. It was super fun!
It was really great to see my friends that I haven't spent time with in forever. Somewhere in the middle of hanging out with them, I also made a quick departure and went to my friend Jessica's wedding reception. She got married the next day and is now living in Australia with her new man. Such a life change! I was lucky enough to get to go to her Sealing. It was beautiful. She was married in the Bountiful temple, and it is gorgeous.
The temple has a great view and is so pretty on the inside. All my friends got married before I did, so I didn't get to go to any of their sealings. It was fun to be able to go to another one.

After the sealing, my college roommate Jessica (too many Jessica's!) came down from Ogden to hang out with me. It was so fun to see her. We had a lot of fun at my place just talking and relaxing. We also played some guitar hero. I can't help it! It's fun! I wish she lived closer so I could see her more.

Sunday was really relaxing. We went to church and to Nursery (that part? Not so relaxing....crazy kids that day!). After we got home, we took the short walk to the park behind our house and read in the shade. I love where we live. It is a safe neighborhood, and having the park so close by has been an unexpected perk. It's so nice!

Yesterday we got the opportunity to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. It was the first day it was open to the public, and we went with a bunch of people from work. It's very pretty as well. Apparently South Jordan is the only city in the world to have two LDS temples within its boundaries. Pretty cool, I think. It's also crazy to think that Salt Lake county has double the number of temples it did last year (Salt Lake temple, Jordan River temple, and now the new Draper and Oquirrh Mountain temples). That's some serious growth!
And finally, the last bit of updating is regarding our house. We have finally begun tackling the backyard. Such a fun process! We had it leveled yesterday and the sprinklers are getting installed today. In a couple of weeks we will be having a sod-laying party. If you're reading this, then you're invited! :) Free food! I'm sure you are just dying to come... But anyway, here are some pictures of the progress:
Before...although I'm sure you could tell this was a before picture without me mentioning it. Yikes!!
During...And this isn't quite the "after" shot, but close enough. We have the trenches dug and they will have the sprinklers done today. After all the work they did yesterday, it was a big dust bowl back there. They had tilled the ground and there was a lot of loose, dry soil. And then a big thunderstorm came and kicked up a lot of that dust. And then the rain came. And came. And came. And our backyard turned into a big muddy mess. Seriously. The trenches were full of water and you couldn't even see the sprinkler pipes anymore. I'm glad I don't have to clean that up! :) Anyway, wish us luck as we finish the rest of it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great weekend! And good luck with your backyard. It looks like a lot of hard work, but isn't it fun to create something that is going to be awesome? Have fun, or at least try to, while fixing it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your backyard is coming a long way! Keep it up!

Zach and Nikky said...

I'm so glad your backyard is coming together! You have red glasses! I love them. Are they ProDesigns? They look like it in the picture. Love you!

The Lloyd's said...

Only you would know brand names of glasses...although I'm not sure what brand they are. They are at home. I will have to check them out for you!