Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day with the Lloyds

Everyone loves a three-day weekend! We spent ours by hanging out with Jason's family. On Friday, we left work around noon to head down to Utah Lake in Provo to go boating. I couldn't get in the water because of my asthma medication (no exercise for a week...countdown almost complete!), and I was worried about Jason skiing because of his leg. However, when he saw that the lake looked like glass (and seriously...it was perfect glass. I've never seen water so smooth!) I knew that he wouldn't hesitate to jump in. I'm happy to say that he managed to do some great waterskiing without hurting his leg further! His foot/leg has been much improved over the last few days. He even went mountain biking today! He's a much happier camper when he can be outside enjoying the world and his favorite activities.
On Saturday, we woke up and went to Hogle Zoo. I hadn't been to a zoo in ages, and Hogle Zoo is a fairly big zoo! I was excited. We were going there with Jason's nephew who is about to turn one, so we were excited to see his reaction to all the different animals. They had rhinoceroses, elephants, giraffes (who kept trying to mate!! ha!), and lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). It was pretty cool to see all the different animals. The family had a great time. Afterward, everyone came over to our place and had dinner and hung out. It is so nice to finally have a place where people feel comfortable just hanging out and aren't so squished together! Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend!

1 comment:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Looks like fun guys! Man, BOY MEETS WORLD sure has grown up...I don't think I can even call him that anymore. Ha! So, Jason, what happened to your leg?