Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm feeling...Wicked!


So way back in October I sat near the phone for about 6 hours repeatedly pressing redial to get tickets to Wicked in Salt Lake. The phone lines were so busy, and the ticket sales weren't even open up for the general public yet! Needless to say, the show sold out every single day. We were lucky enough to get tickets, and our performance day was May 2nd. So for the last 7 months I have been waiting anxiously to see the musical. I read the book in the meantime and was very disappointed--I must be honest, I hated it! However, I decided that the musical must be different in order for it to be so successful so I shouldn't sell my tickets. I'm glad I made that decision! I loved it! They did an awesome job, and the story line was much different from the book. If you get the chance to go see it, do it! It's worth the price!

3 comments:

cmjeppsen said...

I'm totally jealous you got to go. We hadn't really heard anything about it until it was here and then everyone was talking about it. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to go to San Fran!

The Lloyd's said...

It would be awesome to see it in San Fran. I hope it comes back to Utah again sometime soon. I loved it! I would also love to see Phantom and Les Miserables come here. Wishful thinking!

cmjeppsen said...

We saw Les Miserables in a Pioneer Theater Production within the last couple of years, Phanton was great when it was here too!